Hey there, i made this black forest chocolate cake sometime ago (on mothers day to be specific), and it was nothing short of magnificent ( Glorious, Splendid, Superb… you get the picture)! The best thing about this black forest cake aside from the fact that its black forest cake is that its low fat! yes all you ‘health conscious’ bakers out there! this cake is fat less! well not completely, but it has not butter what so ever! :D:D So yes you can go ahead and have the second helping without feeling (that) guilty!
I got this recipe will browsing a website and I’m not sure which one so i am unable to include the link! anyway the pictures are present so enjoy some food porn!
P.s. ignore the knife! Again this points out my
Unprofessional semi-professional photography skills!
Black Forest Chocolate cake
1) 1 (14-ounce) can Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2) 2/3 cup applesauce
3) 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
4) 2 eggs
5) 1 egg white
6) 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
7) 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
8) 2 teaspoons baking powder
9) 2 teaspoons baking soda
10) 1/2 teaspoon salt
11) 1/2 cup boiling water
12) 1 cup (6-ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
13) 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1) Preheat oven 350°F. In medium bowl, combine applesauce, brown sugar, eggs and egg white; mix well.
2) In small bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir into milk mixture just until moistened. Gradually add water. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into 12-cup fluted tube pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool for 30 minutes. Spoon some of the pie filling over the cake. Slice cake and serve with remaining filling.
You can also have some whipped cream with the cake! Since its so low in fat you can afford to do so!